Sikkim Road Trip
Located in North East of India, the state of Sikkim is blessed with breathtaking waterfalls, lakes, scenic valleys, monasteries & gompas. This dramatic, varied and remarkably beautiful area offers enchanting butterflies, traditional Lepcha culture, soaring alpine grandeur and glorious lush forests, but many areas require permits. At an altitude of 17000 ft, Gurudongmar is one of the highest lakes in the world. It lies in the Northside of the Khangchengyao Range and is encircled all around by snow-covered mountains, the sacred lake freezes in winters except at one spot, which the devout belief has been especially blessed. The Chinese Tibetan border is just a few kilometers away from the lake. Yumthang Valley in North Sikkim lies 140kms north of Gangtok. Lachung provides the base for exploration of Yumthang, the valley of flowers. Situated at an altitude of 11800 ft (3564m) with close proximity of Tibet, Yumthang is a unique place where the tree line ends.
Itinerary (7 Days )
Arrival at Bagdogra Airport / Njp Station – Transfer to Gangtok
- On arrival at NJP Railway Station / Bagdogra (IXB) Airport and arrive at the pickup point – Laddoo Gopal (Jeevandeep Commercial Complex, Ward 42, Salugara, Siliguri, West Bengal)
- Meet & greet with your fellow travelers, collect your bikes & depart for Gangtok.
- Reach Gangtok & check-in to the hotel.
- Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Gangtok Sight Seeing
- After breakfast proceed for a full-day excursion to Tsomgo Lake with an average depth of 50ft.
- Spend a few blissful hours gazing at the absolute perfection of natural beauty at the Tsomgo lake and surrounding scenic view.
- Further drive will take you to another holy site BABA MANDIR.
- Return back to Gangtok.
- Overnight Stay at Gangtok.
Gangtok – Transfer to Lachen
- After breakfast drive to Lachen (125 km / 06 hours)
- Due to its natural beauty and unmatched mountain scenery, it is regarded as the “Switzerland of East”.
- En-route visit Nagafall.
- Evening free to take a walk around.
- Overnight stay at Lachen.
Lachen – Gurundongmar Lake Excursion - Transfer to Lachung
- Have an early breakfast.
- Leave for Thangu Village (4100m / 13450ft), a remote high altitude village of Tibetan Nomads & Chopta Valley on your way to the Gurudongmar Lake (5225m / 17143ft) close to Tibet Border.
- After spending half an hour to one hour at the lake, drive back to Lachung.
- Overnight stay at Lachung.
Lachung Sight Seeing
- After breakfast proceed to a half-day excursion to Yumthang “the valley flower” (25 Kms / 1.5 Hrs).
- On the way back visit Hot Spring and Singba Rhododendron Sanctuary.
- Overnight at Lachung.
Lachung - Transfer to Gangtok
- After breakfast transfer to Gangtok.
- Evening free for self-exploration.
- Proceed to the local market for some shopping.
- Overnight stay at Gangtok.
- After breakfast departure for Siliguri.
- Reach Siliguri & then head to NJP Station / Bagdogra (IXB) Airport for your onward journeys.
- Board your train/flight back home with amazing trip memories.
- Bike Rent for 7 days, Helmet, Riding Gears & Fuel Expense as per the itinerary only. (for biking option)
- Entire travel as per itinerary by shared cab (for backpacking option)
- Accommodation for 6 nights – 3 nights at Gangtok, 1 night at Lachen & 2 nights at Lachung on a triple sharing basis.
- A total of 12 meals – 1 meal on Day 1(Dinner) + 2 meals on Day 2(Breakfast + Dinner) + 2 meals on Day 3(Breakfast + Dinner) + 2 meals on Day 4(Breakfast + Dinner) + 2 meals on Day 5(Breakfast + Dinner) + 2 meals on Day 6(Breakfast + Dinner) + 1 meals on Day 7(Breakfast)
- All inner line permits for the trip
- Driver night charges, toll tax, parking charges etc.
- Team captain throughout the trip
- Mechanical Backup
Rates according to a mode of transport :
|Shared Cab||INR 23,999/-|
|RE Classic 500 (Solo Rider)||INR 35,999/-|
|RE Classic 500 (With Pillion)||INR 29,999/-|
|RE Himalayan (Solo Rider)||INR 37,499/-|
|RE Himalayan (With Pillion)||INR 31,499/-|
|Self Bike||INR 24,499/-|
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
- GST (5%) is applicable extra
- Any kind of food and beverages that are not included in the package like alcohol drinks, mineral water, meals/refreshments/lunches on the highway
- Any personal expense like a tip to the drivers, entry to the monuments monasteries, camera/video camera charges, camel safari, laundry, telephone bills, tips, etc
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc (to be borne by the customer on the spot)
- Any damage to the bike except engine damage has to be borne by the client
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion
Note: INR 10,000/- needs to be submitted as security for the bike before the start of the trip Any damage to the bike, except engine damage, has to be borne directly by the client
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40, lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torchlight