Kuari Pass Trek 6D/5N (Ex Haridwar)
Kuari Pass Trek Kuari pass trek is one of the most beautiful winter treks. The entire trail is covered in snow and there is a dense forest cover over the head. The flora and fauna found on Kuari Pass trek are highly varied. The peaks of Kamet, Dronagiri, Trishul, Bertholi, Hathi Ghodi Parvat, Mana and Neelkanth are all visible from the trail.
- NATURE OF TRIP - TREKKING
- LOCATION - GARHWAL HIMALAYAS, UTTARAKHAND
- DURATION - 06 DAYS / 05 NIGHTS
- MAX ALTITUDE - KUARI PASS (4268M)
- GRADE - MODERATE
Itinerary (6 Days )
Haridwar to Joshimath
Meet at Haridwar Railway station at 7:00 am and drive to Joshimath, passing through the holy towns of Devprayag and Rudraprayag, with Ganga and Alaknanda rivers flowing at our side. Overnight stay in a lodge at Joshimath.
Joshimath (1875m) – Gulling (2900m) (Trek duration: 5-6 hrs)
After having early breakfast and a short drive later, we will reach the starting point of our trek. From here, we will begin hiking to Gulling, cutting through the Auli meadows
which are ideal for skiing. On our way through the forests, we will glimpse the Nanda Devi peak among other mountains, before we reach the sprawling prairies of Gurson.
Next, we will climb down through Oak, Chestnut, Deodar and Maple trees to arrive at our campsite at Gulling. Overnight stay in tents.
Gulling (2900m) – Khullara Top (3225m) (Trek duration: 4-5 hrs)
After breakfast, we will start our trek to reach Khullara, ascending the pastures full of grazing sheep. 4-5 hours later, we will reach Khullara. Here, you are treated with
marvellous views of the Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Neelkanth, Dronagiri, Haathi-Ghodi, etc.
Overnight stay in tents.
Khullara (3225m) – Kuari Pass (3900m) – Tali Top (3350m) (Trek duration: 7-8 hrs)
With a 5:00 am breakfast, we start our day’s trek on the ascending slopes of a challenging rocky terrain which will take us to the Kuari Pass. Walking through deep snowy routes, the dawn will greet us with the warmth of mesmerizing views, including the Nanda Devi and Trishul peaks. After taking in the magical surroundings, we will resume our walk down to the camp where we will unwind and celebrate. If you arrive early at the base camp, you can even trek down to the Tali Top camp.
Overnight stay in tents.
Tali Top (3350m) – Dhak – Joshimath (1875m) (4 Hrs Trek & 1 hr Drive)
Post breakfast, we will trek towards the road linking Joshimath to Niti-Malari valley continuing to hike all the way to Dhak through cute little villages and dense thickets. We can stop at the villages of Tugasi and Kharsi to soak in the local and indigenous culture. From Dhak, we will drive to Joshimath. A warm meal and a hot shower later,we will stay overnight in the lodge at Joshimath.
Joshimath (1875m) – Haridwar (7-8 Hrs Drive)
We will depart from Joshimath to Haridwar and say goodbye to all your trek companions who must have become your good friends, pack-up your bags and take back some memorable moments and adventurous memories home with you.
- Transportation from Haridwar to Joshimath & Return
- Accommodation during the trek (Camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Camp Fire at Campsite (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories for Life Time
- Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Less than 10 days: No refund
- *Air ticket refund will be as per the refund policies of representative Airlines.
- BackPack & Rain Cover (50-60 liter)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (20-30 liter, If you hire mule or porter)
- A couple of water bottles (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
- Hiking Shoes (Should be waterproof and ankle support)
- Torch (With extra batteries)
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Original ID Card
- Trek Pants – 2 Nos (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capri, Fitting Denims)
- T-shirts – 4 Nos (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Woolen)
- Jacket – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear – 1 Nos
- Gloves – 2 Nos (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks – 5 Nos (3 Cotton, 2 Woolen)
- Warm Inner-wears
- Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos
- Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos
- Slippers – 1 Nos
- Sunscreen Cream
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper & Wipes
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Quick Dry Towel
- UV sunglasses – 1 Nos
- Caps – 2 Nos (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava – 1 Nos