Kedarkantha Trek 5D / 4N (Ex Dehradun)
Trekking, a journey towards the unknown. A march that will push you beyond your limits and calm the surge of the inner traveler within you. Kedarkanhtan, a marvel known for its wondrous lofty peaks and snow-clad mountains is just the right place for you to let out the mountain trekker buried deep inside you. This Indian hike will leave you bewildered and awestruck. The base campsites In our Kedarkantha tour package are something to behold. The dense pine forest covering the region is like a dream come true. To summarize it all simply it's your experience it's our experience together let's make it an Epiphany.
- NATURE OF TRIP - TREKKING
- LOCATION - GARHWAL HIMALAYAS, UTTARAKHAND
- DURATION - 05 DAYS / 04 NIGHTS
- MAX ALTITUDE - KEDARKANTHA (3800M/12500FT)
- GRADE - EASY TO MODERATE
Itinerary (5 Days )
DEHRADUN - SANKRI (2000M) ( DRIVE 9 HR)
The journey will start at 7.00 am from Dehradun Railway Station to Sankri and it will take around 9 hrs. We will drive via Dehradun and Mussoorie, alongside the Yamuna and also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek.
Overnight stay at Sankri.
SANKRI (2000M) – SHEPHERD CAMP(2900M) (Trek duration:3-4 hr)
After having breakfast, we will set out on a moderate hike which, for the most part, goes through the forest. We will walk to Saur village and then climb up till we reach a small pond, Juda-ka-Talab, which is frozen during winters. As we continue climbing up, we will get fleeting glimpses of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. One more hour of hiking will take us to the meadows where we will camp overnight, in tents.
SHEPHERD CAMP (2900M) – BASE CAMP KEDARKANTHA (3400M) (Trek duration:5 hr)
Kedar Kantha base becomes our destination for the day and we start for it post breakfast. This will be a busy day for the shutterbugs as the trek route is beautiful with open views on all sides and vast snowfields decorated with green patches. However, our destination is even more impressive. Imagine a vast open, snowfields, the size of two football fields, a stream running by and misty mountains forming the background − this is the Kedar Kantha base where we will camp overnight in tents.
BASE CAMP - KEDAR KANTHA PEAK (3800M) - JUDA KA TALAB
Now imagine, if the Kedar Kantha base is that stunning, what will the view from the summit be like? The distance to the summit is not long but the climb is steep
and depending upon the snow conditions then, we will pick the best route − and it will take about 2−3 hours. As for the view from the top − you will be able to see all the mountains of the Yumnotri, Gangotri and the Kinner Kailash range, plus the valleys. Next, we will descend the peak and trek all the way down to Juda−ka−Talab or an
alternate campsite, depending on which route we choose. Overnight in tents.
JUDA KA TALAB – SANKRI – DEHRADUN (2 HR TREK / 8 HRS DRIVE)
Today, we have a short trek and drive straight to Dehradun. You will reach Dehradun at 9.00 pm. The glorious trip ends here.
- Transportation from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the trek (Camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Camp Fire at Campsite (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories for Life Time
Q. What is the fitness level required for the Kedarkantha Trek and how hard is the trek?
A. This trek is easy to moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
Q. Which is the best time for Kedarkantha Trek?
A. December to April
Q. When to Book this Trek?
A. Its is advisable to book this trek before 15 days
Q. What is the maximum altitude point of Kedarkantha Trek?
A. Kedarkantha Peak – 3800m
Q. How to Reach Dehradun?
A. Dehradun is around 250km from Delhi by road. So many trains are well connected to Dehradun and as well Haridwar, which is 50km away from Dehradun. The nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
Q. Which transport you provide from Delhi to Sankri & Return?
A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Bolero
Q. What will be the daytime and night temperature?
A. During day time the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall
down to -5°
Q. Are trekking shoes mandatory?
A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe
with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
Q. Are there any provisions for taking bath?
A. There is a bath facility at only our base camp Sankri.
Q. What is the size of the trekking group?
A. 20 to 30 People
Q. How many guides are there in one group?
A. 2 guides
Q. Are accommodation for men and women separate?
A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
Q. What kind of food you provide during the trek?
A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
Q. Do I need to carry any documents with me?
A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
Q. Do you provide toilet tents?
A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
Q. Can we expect rains/snowfall during the trek?
A. Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof
Q. Is there any mobile network connectivity?
A. In Sankri you will only get a BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any network
- Before 30 days: 90% of the total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Less than 10 days: No refund
- BackPack & Rain Cover (50-60 liter)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (20-30 liter, If you hire mule or porter)
- A couple of water bottles (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
- Hiking Shoes (Should be waterproof and ankle support)
- Torch (With extra batteries)
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Original ID Card
- Trek Pants – 2 Nos (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capri, Fitting Denims)
- T-shirts – 4 Nos (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Woolen)
- Jacket – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear – 1 Nos
- Gloves – 2 Nos (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks – 5 Nos (3 Cotton, 2 Woolen)
- Warm Inner-wears
- Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos
- Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos
- Slippers – 1 Nos
- Sunscreen Cream
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper & Wipes
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Quick Dry Towel
- UV sunglasses – 1 Nos
- Caps – 2 Nos (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava – 1 Nos
- 5% GST (Service Tax)
- Food during traveling from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges additional (`250/ Per Day / Per Bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
I found this trek pretty exciting and fabulous. The trek guides and instructors were really amazing. Most of the parts of the trek were easy. Kedarkantha peak was the most exciting part. Loved it so much.