Har-Ki-Dun Trek 9D/8N (Ex-Delhi)
Uttarakhand , Uttarakhand , Uttarakhand
Har-ki-dun the place where nature collaborates with uttermost co-operation with Mankind. The Har ki Dun Trek penetrates the unfathomable depth of the complexion of nature. The sunrise and sunset in har ki dun cannot be comprehended by one sitting at home. It feels extraterrestrial by and far something you would surrender to. Himalayan tourism is very subtly the comprehension of Har ki Dun and its wonders. The impregnable mountains in the slick background of the settlements breach all the barriers of sightseeing. Har ki Dun has its agenda defined, come here before sunrise and after sunset.
- NATURE OF TRIP - TREKKING
- LOCATION - GARHWAL HIMALAYAS, UTTARAKHAND
- DURATION - 09 DAYS / 08 NIGHTS
- MAX ALTITUDE - HAR KI DUN VALLEY ( 3600m/11811ft )
- GRADE - EASY TO MODERATE
Itinerary (9 Days )
YOUR CITY TO DELHI
The trip will start from your representative cities to Delhi by flight. At Delhi Airport the vehicle will be waiting for you to start the journey.
DELHI - DEHRADUN - SANKRI (2000M) (15 hr drive)
We will drive to Sankri, via Dehradun & Mussoorie, alongside the Yamuna and Tons rivers. The drive also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lies ahead and overnight stay at Sankri.
Sankri - Taluka - Pauni Garaat (2500m) (Drive: 40min & Trek duration: 5-6hr )
After breakfast, a short drive to Taluka village will take us to the beginning of our 12 km trek through the forest trails of Gangaad. At first, the trek descends, takes a left turn to let us walk alongside the river Rupin and then loves upwards through an enticing forest of Chestnut, Walnut and Willow trees. Our destination, Pauni Garaat is at an altitude of
2500 m and houses an old temple of Duryodhan from Mahabharata.
Overnight stay in tents.
Pauni Garaat to Kalkattiyadhaar ( Trek duration: 5-7 hr )
After breakfast, we will head out on the 12 km trek through the thick forests of Govind National Park. The Kalkattiyadhaar route will be a refreshing balance between steep climbs and leisure level walks. The route, often used by villagers to lead their cattle into grazing pastures, will embark us on an interesting journey through forests which will give us ample opportunities to spot birds and unique flowers. A 45-minute walk, passing by small streams and a temple, the first meadows will welcome you with open arms and playful streams. Overnight stay in tents atKalkattiyadhaar, the altitude of 3566 m.
Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Dun (3600m) and Jaundhar Glacier View Point to Kalkattiyadhar
( Trek duration: 8 hr )
The fourth day is the most exciting part of the trek as we will view Har Ki Dun, after breakfast, we will continue on a trek to Juandhar Glaciers View Point, at an altitude of 3600 m dotted with white snow and grass patches. A complete contrast to the grass you had been trekking on till now, the trek will add moraine, scree, glaciers and the stunning Swarga Rohini peaks to your trip and your photo album! This part of the trek will require efforts as it is a long walk with the uneven scene and moraine terrain but it is totally worth it. Return to Kalkattiyadhar the same day and overnight stay.
Kalkattiyadhar to Pauni Garaat Trek ( Trek duration: 5 hr )
This day will mark our return journey to Pauni Garaat with scenic landscapes keeping us company. The downhill trek is fun and easy, covers 11 km and takes about 3-4 hours. Overnight stay in rest houses or tents.
Pauni Garaat – Sankri Trek ( Trek duration: 4-5 hr )
An early morning trek will take us to Seema and then to Taluka. This trek back to Taluka will give us abundant opportunities to take a refreshing bath in tantalizing cool water of the many streams we cross or pass by.
Overnight stay in the hotel at Sankri.
SANKRI – DELHI
After finishing the breakfast, We will leave from Sankri for Delhi Airport. It will be around 15-16 hr journey.
DELHI TO YOUR CITY
We will reach Delhi by morning. And then, we will board the flight to representative cities. The glorious trip ends here.
- Transportation from Delhi to Dehradun Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during trek (Guesthouse/ lodge)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Camp Fire at Campsite (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories for Life Time
Q. What is the fitness level required for the Har Ki Dun Trek and how hard is the trek?
A. This trek is moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to seasoned hikers.
Q. Which is the best time for Har Ki Dun Trek Trek?
A. March to June & September to December
Q. When to Book this Trek?
A. It is advisable to book this trek before 45 days.
Q. What is the maximum altitude point of Har Ki Dun Trek?
A. Har Ki Dun – 3600 meters
Q. Which transport you provide from Delhi to Sankri & Return?
A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Bolero
Q. What will be the daytime and night temperature?
A. During day time the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall
down to -5°
Q. Are trekking shoes mandatory?
A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe
with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
Q. Are there any provisions for taking bath?
A. There is a bath facility at only our base camp Sankri.
Q. What is the size of the trekking group?
A. 20 to 30 People
Q. How many guides are there in one group?
A. 2 guides
Q. Are accommodation for men and women separate?
A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
Q. What kind of food you provide during the trek?
A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
Q. Do I need to carry any documents with me?
A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
Q. Do you provide toilet tents?
A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
Q. Can we expect rains/snowfall during the trek?
A. Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof
Q. Is there any mobile network connectivity?
A. In Sankri you will only get a BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any
Q. Where can we get Electricity?
A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sankri.
- Before 30 days: 90% of total Land Package Cost(i.e. 9000) is refundable
- Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Less than 10 days: No refund
- BackPack & Rain Cover (50-60 liter)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (20-30 liter, If you hire mule or porter)
- A couple of water bottles (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
- Hiking Shoes (Should be waterproof and ankle support)
- Torch (With extra batteries)
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Original ID Card
- Trek Pants – 2 Nos (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capri, Fitting Denims)
- T-shirts – 4 Nos (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Woolen)
- Jacket – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear – 1 Nos
- Gloves – 2 Nos (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks – 5 Nos (3 Cotton, 2 Woolen)
- Warm Inner-wears
- Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos
- Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos
- Slippers – 1 Nos
- Sunscreen Cream
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper & Wipes
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Quick Dry Towel
- UV sunglasses – 1 Nos
- Caps – 2 Nos (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava – 1 Nos
- 5% GST (Service Tax)
- Airfare will additional as per the current rate structure of Airlines
- Food during traveling from Delhi to Dehradun/Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges additional (` 250/ Per Day / Per Bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions