Chopta,Tungnath,Chandrashila Trek 5D/4N ( Ex Haridwar)
Uttarakhand , Uttarakhand , Uttarakhand
Chopta, Chandrashila, Tungnath is the most awaited and loved terk of the year. Chopta, Chandrashila, Tungnath is the epitome of picturesque location replete with a far from the home vibe and miles away from the claustrophobic cities we live in. The perpetual sunlight from the evergreen meadows from Chopta trek will hypnotize your sprit. The Tungnath trek will culture within you a spiritual transformation visiting. The Tungnath temple built by the Garwal itself is a memento we will carry with us forever. Climbing the Chandrashila summit helps us take back with us suitcase full of memories. The weather in the Chopta valley is something we will cling on to for a generation. The freezing weather in Tumgnath and the burning yearning to offer praises to God is a contrast, quite deniable. Join us for this impeccable journey to the beyond.
- NATURE OF TRIP - TREKKING
- LOCATION - GARHWAL HIMALAYAS, UTTARAKHAND
- DURATION - 05 DAYS / 04 NIGHTS
- MAX ALTITUDE - CHOPTA TUNGNATH (4000M)
- GRADE - MODERATE
Itinerary (4 Days )
Haridwar – Sari
We will meet at Haridwar at 7:00 am and then head for a long drive up till the Sari. We will be driving, for the most part, along the Ganga and Alaknanda rivers, driving through Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar, Karnprayag, before we take the turn for the Mandakini valley. At dusk, we will take a short hike to stretch our muscles and gear up for the trek tomorrow before we settle in for an overnight stay at the lodge.
Sari (2000m) – Deoriatal (2438m) Trek (Trek duration: 4-5 hrs)
Our trek will begin with a walk through a few villages and a small temple town, Ukhimath, after which we will make our way through an enchanting mixed forest, abundant in birdlife. After a hike, which is mostly uphill, we will reach Deoriatal lake by afternoon, spend the rest of the day exploring the calm surroundings, bird watching and clicking a good many photographs. Overnight stay at the lodge.
Deoriatal (2438m) – Chopta (2800m) Trek (Trek duration: 4-5 hrs)
A series of ascents and descents will follow after we walk on a ridge and although it will be gradual, it will be a lot of fun as we encounter mixed forests with oaks, pines, rhododendrons, etc. Today, we also get a view of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. On reaching our destination for the day, Chopta, we will relax. The sunset at Chopta is a photographer’s paradise so keep your camera handy! Overnight stay at the lodge.
Chopta (2800m) – Tungnath (3680m) – Chandrashila peak (4000m) Trek
(Trek duration: 4-5 hrs & & Drive 1 hr)
A short and scenic, but difficult climb, up the slopes of the meadow will take us to Tungnath temple. The most striking views at Tungnath temples are the golden meadows and a panoramic view of the lofty mountains and valleys. We will do a quick stop for refreshment and rest and then resume our trek to reach the summit of the Chandrashilla peak which rests at an altitude of 4000 m. Our efforts to reach the summit will be rewarded with a glorious sight of the most majestic of the Himalayan peaks – namely, Nanda Devi, Trishul, Chaukhamba, etc. Your mind will work as quickly as your photograph as it will store all these unforgettable memories.
After a while, we will head back to Chopta, get into our vehicles and ride for an hour to reach Kund where we will refresh ourselves with a shower and hot dinner.
Overnight stay at the lodge.
Chopta – Haridwar return journey - Drive 210 km (6-7 hrs)
- Transportation from base camp (Haridwar to Haridwar)
- Accommodation during trek (Guesthouse/ lodge)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Camp Fire at Campsite (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers, Porters/Mules)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories for Life Time
Q. What is the fitness level required for the Chopta Tungnath trek and how hard is the
A. This trek is easy to moderate and meant for everyone, right from fit/adventurous to
Q. Which is the best time for Chopta Tungnath Trek?
A. September to June
Q. What is the maximum altitude point of Chopta Tungnath Trek?
A. Chandrashila Peak 4000m
Q. How can we reach Haridwar?
A. Haridwar is around 225km from Delhi by road. Also, many trains are well connected to
Haridwar and the nearest airport is Jolly Grand Airport.
Q. Which transport you provide from Haridwar to Sari & Return?
A. Tempo Traveller / Tata Sumo / Mahindra Bolero
Q. What will be the daytime and night temperature?
A. During the daytime, the temperature will be around 8° to 12° and during the night it will fall
down to 0°
Q. Are trekking shoes mandatory?
A. Trekking shoes are not mandatory but, it will make the trek comfortable. Take a shoe
with a good grip and high ankle support. It would be better if the shoes are waterproof.
Q. Are there any provisions for taking bath?
A. There is no provision for a bath on the trek.
Q. What is the size of the trekking group?
A. 20-30 People
Q. How many guides are there in one group?
A. 2 guides
Q. Is accommodation for men and women separate?
A. Yes, men and women will not be sharing tents, unless they want.
Q. What kind of food you provide during the trek?
A. We provide food for 4 times a day i.e. Breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and dinner.
Q. Do I need to carry any documents with me?
A. Carry an original ID card and a photograph.
Q. Do you provide toilet tents?
A. Yes, we do provide Toilet tents.
Q. Can we expect rains/snowfall during the trek?
A. Yes, Sudden weather changes are expected, always carry a light raincoat or waterproof
Q. Is there any mobile network connectivity?
A. In Sari, you will get a BSNL mobile network. In other locations, you won’t have any
Q. Where can we get Electricity?
A. During the trek, you will get electricity only in Sari.
- Before 30 days: 90% of total Land Package Cost(i.e. 9000) is refundable
- Between 21−30 days: 75% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Between 11−20 days: 50% of total Land Package Cost is refundable
- Less than 10 days: No refund
- BackPack & Rain Cover (50-60 liter)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (20-30 liter, If you hire mule or porter)
- A couple of water bottles (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
- Hiking Shoes (Should be waterproof and ankle support)
- Torch (With extra batteries)
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Original ID Card
- Trek Pants – 2 Nos (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capri, Fitting Denims)
- T-shirts – 4 Nos (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Woolen)
- Jacket – 2 Nos (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear – 1 Nos
- Gloves – 2 Nos (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks – 5 Nos (3 Cotton, 2 Woolen)
- Warm Inner-wears
- Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos
- Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos
- Slippers – 1 Nos
- Sunscreen Cream
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper & Wipes
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Quick Dry Towel
- UV sunglasses – 1 Nos
- Caps – 2 Nos (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava – 1 Nos
- 5% GST (Service Tax)
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges additional (Rs 250/ Per Day / Per Bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Transport from your city to Haridwar and Return