Bir Billing - Kasol - Kheeerganga 5D/4N (Ex Delhi)
The village of Bir, located in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh India, is internationally famous as the base for some of the best paragliding in the world. The take-off point at Billing, 14km up a winding road from Bir and 1000m higher, hosts major competitive flying events most years in October or November (including a round of the Paragliding World Cup in 2015). Experienced paragliders fly as far as Dharamshala, Mandi, and Manali from here.
Stretched along the lovely Parvati River with mountains rising all around, Kasol is the main traveler hang-out in the valley. It’s a small village but almost overrun with reggae bars, bakeries and cheap guesthouses catering to a large backpacker crowd, nowadays including growing numbers of Indians. It’s also a summertime venue for trance parties transplanted from Goa and at any time an easy base for exploring the forested valley or just chilling out.
Itinerary (5 Days )
Bir-Billing Trek | Camping
- Depart from Delhi at 6:30 pm on Day 0
- Reach Bir by morning.
- After breakfast and freshen up, head out for the sightseeing. Visit Monasteries around the village and engage with the monks.
- After lunch start the trek to Billing. Enjoy the Panoramic views of the sunset.
- Check-In to the camps followed by bonfire and dinner.
Paragliding | Kasol
- Wake up to a beautiful morning and set yourself up for the fly of your life.
- After breakfast, meet your pilots at the Take Off point and experience the High Fly from Billing to Bir.
- After lunch and some shopping, start the scenic drive to Kasol.
- Check-in to the hotel followed by bonfire and dinner.
Chalal Village Trek | Kasol Cafe hopping
- Soak in the peace & beauty of Parvati Valley.
- You can explore the Kasol market, and try different cuisines at the local Hippie Cafe’s, or just relax by the gushing Parvati River.
- In the evening, go for a hike to Chalal village and capture some beautiful views of Parvati Valley.
- Chill at the cafe’s in Kasol and return to the Hotel for an early night.
- After breakfast, start the drive to the trek starting point at Barsheni.
- Trek for 12 km along the Parvati Valley, crossing numerous waterfalls and spotting some breathtaking views.
- Reach Kheerganga and relax at the bonfire at the campsite.
- Dinner and overnight at the camps.
Note: In case the route to Kheerganga is closed due to snowfall, we’ll be trekking up to Rudranag (Mid Way Point) and stay in camps at Rudranag itself.
- Start trekking down to reach to Kasol.
- On the way, visit the Manikaran Gurudwara.
- By evening, depart back to Delhi with some amazing memories of the trip. Reach Delhi the next morning.
- Entire travel as per the itinerary in an AC vehicle.
- Accommodation for 1 night at Billing camps, 2 nights at Kasol Hotel, 1 night in camps at Kheerganga (triple sharing)
- Breakfast on Day 2 till Day 5, Dinner on Day 1, Day 2 and Day 4.
- Paragliding at Bir Billing.
- Experienced trip captain throughout the trip.
- Driver night charge, toll tax, and parking charges.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same
- GST (5%) is applicable extra
- Any other Food and Beverage charge that is not included in the package
- Charges for Video/photos while paragliding or tips to glider, guide, helper, cook or, staff member or any monument/viewpoint entry fee
- Any other expense not mentioned in the inclusion column
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40, lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torchlight
For people who would love to experience nature with a decent amount of trek this is perfect. Our trek guides ensured a super pleasant experience for us and provided us with support wherever needed..Please go with the complete trek essentials what will be mentioned in the list. Explore the Majestic Himalayas and blissfulness mountains & experience something amazing.
Five days of extreme fun and thrill.. It was in fact a memorable experience.The paragliding at Birbilling is unbelievably great.enjoyed beautiful views surrounding mountains. Will recommend this for all nature lovers and hard core adventurers.