8 Days Leh To Srinagar Via Sonmarg And Kargil
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say , but an Indian holiday in Ladakh is for everybody mystical and breathtaking .The beauty of Ladakh is captivating and arrests the inner soul. The weather in Ladakh is nothing short to that in heaven, it is in fact a little ‘heaven on earth’. It is nestled between the Himalayas and the gigantic Karakoram range. Leh the capital of the Himalayan kingdom is driven by sheer scenic beauty. This Ladakh tour will resurrect the long lost traveler within you. The magnificent soaring peaks will leave you bewildered and awestruck. The jaw dropping weather in Leh will sooth your weary soul. After this mind blowing experience with us the only thing your lips will utter is “Dil Mange More”.
Itinerary (8 Days )
- Arrival Leh, Our driver com representative will meet, greet, assist and transfer you to Hotel in Leh.
- Rest of the day free to acclimatize to the high altitude of Ladakh.
- Dinner & Overnight at Hotel in Leh.
- Morning Relax at Hotel, Afternoon sightseeing of Leh City.
- SANKAR GOMPA & VILLAGE : A relatively modern monastery, it is closely associated with the Spituk monastery and served as the residence of the late head priest-Kushak Bakula. A number of gold icons are to be found here.
- SHANTI STUPA (Japanese Peace Pagoda) : Shanti Stupa/Japanese peace pagoda is build by a Japanese religious organization headed by Head monk Nakamura with the help from the organization and local people. It is situated at a hill top in Cahngspa village providing a bird eye view of the Leh town and the surrounding mountain peaks.
- LEH PALACE : The Namgyal Tsemo (victory Peak) was build by King Tashi Namgyal after the reunification of upper and lower Ladakh and victory over Hor and their bodies are placed under an image of Mahakala, the guardian deities to stop further invasion of Hor. The Leh palace known as 'Lechen Palkhar' was built by Singay Namgyal around in the beginning of 17th Century A.D.
- Leh - Nubra Via Khardungla Pass (140 Kms / 6 – 7 hrs).
- Early morning proceed to Nubra Valley via the World Highest Motorable road (5602 Mts) Khardungla pass.
- Arrive Nubra and proceed for a visit to the White Sand Dunes at Hunder. You can enjoy the camel ride (At your own cost).
- Later if time permits visit Hunder and Diskit monasteries and check in at Deluxe Camp. Evening at leisure.
- Overnight at the camp.
- Nubra - Pangong
- Morning after breakfast proceeds for Pangong. After reach check-in at camp.
- Evening relax, Dinner & Overnight at hotel.
- Pangong - Leh
- After breakfast drive back to Leh. On the way visit Thiksey Monastery.
- Arrive Leh and relax at the hotel or free for individual activities.
- Srinagar - Sonmarg - Kargil. (245 KM / 8 – 9 Hrs drive)
- After breakfast drive to Wakha via Kargil, enroute stops include Sonamarg and Baltal hamlets, famous for rugged snow peaked meadows.
- Past Baltal cross over Zoji-La Pass (11,500 ft).
- We are in Drass valley with strikingly different landscape dotted with remote mud huts giving an impression that you really have traveled back in time.
- After a passport check (not for Indian Citizen) we continue on to Kargil .
- Dinner and overnight at Hotel.
- Day 07 : Kargil – Lamayuru – Leh (175 Kms 7 - 8 Hrs drive)
- Early morning after breafast drive to Leh. This drive normally takes about 5 – 6 hrs nonstop, but we will be stopping at Lamayuru monastery for sightseeing. Later continue our drive to Leh enroute visiting Sangam, Gurudwara Patthar Sahib and Magnetic hill.
- Reach Leh in the evening and check in hotel.
- Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
- Airport Departure.
- Morning check-out from Hotel and drop at Airport for onward Journey.
- Accommodation is base category room at: 07 nights stay at specific hotels/camps.
- Stay on Map basis
- Arrival/ departure transfers will be through van/ travera /sumo/xylo/quails/( as per availability of taxi union)
- Transportation for sightseeing will be provided as per itinerary
- Driver and required assistance will be provided during arrival and departure
- Miscellaneous charges are inclusive like: toll tax, parking, driver allowance, govt tax, inner line permit(green fees , environment fees, wildlife cross fees)
Q.What is the best time to visit Ladakh?
And: The recommended months to travel to Ladakh is between May and Augus,this is also when most of Ladakh would be open, in Fact, May is the month when most tourist activities start. It will be comfortable during the day but even so, night time temperature in Ladakh summers can well go beyond freezing point, however some trekkers also seek Ladakh during the winter season, especially for destinations like the Chadar Trek, this would be time when most roadways would be closed and it would be hard getting any convenience or driving on your own.
Q.How is the weather in Ladakh?
Ans: Ladakh witnesses extremes of climate, during the months between October and March, it can get quite uncomfortable with the cold, with temperatures recorded as low as negative 23 degrees centigrade! The summer months, on the other hand, are very pleasant but cold in night, consequently, you will need to protect yourself at all times.
Q.What type of clothes should I have for the trip to ladakh?
Ans: The kind of clothes you should be carrying depends on the kind of itinerary you plan to follow, being a cold desert, you will certainly experience a lot of temperature fluctuations between nights and days, further, summers tend to be a bit warmer with temperatures ranging between 33 and 40 degree centigrade, however, even in the summers, the night temperature can get to negative figures, ladakh is probably also one of the easiest regions to get sunburn as are the chances of frostbites, the thumb rule about clothing in Ladakh is to pack yourself in layers. Layers of clothing help beat the cold and it is also the best way to adjust to the outside temperature, here are the clothing essentials to Ladakh: Full sleeve t-shirts, A jacket for all seasons, Woolen gloves / snow gloves, Mufflers / woolen socks, Woolen caps for the cold, Sun hats, Sunglasses, Gum boots to cross water channels, Umbrellas and gumboots, Warm sleeping bag, Shoes with good grip.
Q.What are the place your should never miss when in ladakh?
Ans: Zanskar Valley, Pangong Tso Lake, Kargil, Drass Valley, Khardung La Pass, Nubra Valley, Magnetic Hill, Spituk Gompa.
Q. What is public transport in ladakh?
Ans: Public buses will not mostly be able to take you to important stops across Leh, Hence we provide transportation facility, to help you connect with natures true self.
Q. What can I shop for in ladakh?
Ans: While your trip in Ladakh is a memory of a lifetime, it also sounds delightful to be able to bring some kind of souvenir from the country of passes. Well, Ladakh is famous for its Pashmina Shawls, Chokste (Tibetan Tables), Prayer Wheels, Thangka Paintings (silk), Tibetan silver jewelry, Hand woven carpets Dragon motif textiles.
Q.What local cuisine one should not miss when in leh ,ladakh?
Ans: If you are traveling to Ladakh, there are some traditional dishes that you must try out ,they will include: Chhupri (cheese from Yak mill), Butter Tea, Momos, Thukpa (Tibetan Soup), Thenktuk, Tigmo (steamed bread served with stew), Mokthuk, Kulcha, Qahwa, Langar.
Q.Will I find ATMs in leh ? Are debit cards or credit cards easily usable at different places?
Ans: There will be a a few ATM stops on your route to Leh and it is important that you get the cash required for the trip,Important stops for ATMs include Ganderbal, Kargil and Drass. Next to this, you will find an ATM at Keylong and the next one at Leh, finding an ATM after that is hard.
Q. What are the cheapest yet premium tour packages to leh, ladakh?
Ans: The packages we provide are the best, you can ask for nothing better.
Q.Which all network services work suitably in Leh, Ladakh?
Ans: BSNL postpaid will be the best answer to this question, nothing else seems to work better.
Q.Is trekking in leh, ladakh tedious?
Ans: It is one of the most demanding treks of Ladakh, as one will have to do rappelling, river crossing, mountain trekking, and mountain hiking to reach the final destination; Stok Kangri Trekis meant for amateur and experienced trekkers, having one or two trekking experiences above 5000 meters.
- Professional Tourist Guide @ INR. 1600 per day
- Camel Safari @ INR. 300 per ride
- River Rafting in Indus (Phey to Nimo) @ INR. 1600 per person
- Cultural program @ INR. 7500 per day
- Cancellation charge of Rs 1000 will be levied per person if booking is confirmed.
- Within 29 Days there will be 01 night retention.
- Within 15 Days there will be 50% retention.
- Below 07 days No refund for cancellation or after starting of the tour.
- All the arrangements for the tour are preplanned and prepaid.
- In case of not completion of the tour due to any reason whatsoever there will not be any refund for any services not utilized .
- Any extra expense due any alteration has to be paid extra.