12 Days Manali - Ladakh - Manali Bike Tour
Ladakh is one of the most unexplored regions of the Tibetan Plateau. This motorbike expedition Ladakh is an unprecedented chance to experience the charm of the region. The evenings are spent in beautiful locations, making the whole experience magical. Bike trip to Ladakh is one trip which you must take at least once in your life time. This itinerary has been well-researched and carefully formulated after looking back at several of our trips in the past.
Itinerary (10 Days )
- Arrive Delhi Volvo station at 4 PM and board bus for Manali
- Morning meet on arrival with Himalayan Riders Representative and transfer to hotel(check in time 12 noon/early check in subject to availability of room).
- Today you will start motorbiking of your Ladakh bike trip. Afternoon you will be introduced to your motorcycles.
- You will enjoy a short ride and have guided motorbike tour of Manali. Dinner at hotel.
- Overnight at hotel
- Travel distance and travel time (140 kms/ 8 hrs)) approx.
- Morning after breakfast start riding motorbike toward Jispa. Crossing over Rohtang Pass (3980 m) and crossing beautiful villages of Lahul Valley.Enjoy beautiful ride in bank of Chadra & Bhaga river.
- This is our firs day of Leh Ladakh bike trip from Manali. Today we will ride over Manali Leh road.
- On arrival check in at camp/hotel.
- Overnight in camp/hotel.
- Keylong or Jispa- Baralacha Pass- Sarchu.
- Travel distance and travel time (100 kms/ 5 hrs) approx.
- After breakfast start riding toward Sarchu.
- Today cossing Baralachala Pass (4800 m). Enroute visit 2 lakes Deepak & Suraj Tal and cross many water streams.
- On arrival check in at camp.
- Overnight in camp.
- Sarchu/ Leh.
- Travel distance and travel time (253 kms/ 10 hrs) approx.
- Morning start riding toward Leh.
- Crossing 22 Gata loops, 45 kms Pang ground, second highest motor able pass in world Tanglang La.
- On arrival check in at hotel/guest house.
- Overnight at hotel/guest house.
- Leh- Khardungla pass- Nubra Valley.
- Travel distance and travel time (130 kms).
- Ride tor Khardongla Pass. World’s highest motorable road at 18380 feet.
- This day is one of the most important day of our Ladakh motorbike trip. Khardong La is historically very important as it lies on the major Silk route from Leh Central Asia.
- About 10,000 horses and camels used to take the route annually.
- Then ride to Nubra valley. Rest of day free to visit places around your hotel.
- Overnight stay at hotel/camp.
- Nubra/ Shyok/Pangong Lake.
- Travel distance and travel time (160 kms/ 6 hrs total) approx.
- Early morning (5 AM) after breakfast ride to Pangong Lake .
- Today we will visit beautiful Pangong Lake and Three Idiots shooting point. Pangong Lake, is an endorheic lake in the Himalayas.
- It is situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends from India to Tibet.
- Approximately 60% of the length of the lake lies in Tibet. The lake is 5 km (3.1 mi) wide at its broadest point. All together it covers 604 km2 .
- Overnight at camp.
- Pangong/Changla Pass/Leh.
- Travel distance and travel time (160 kms/ 5 hrs) approx.
- Morning start riding toward Leh.
- Riding on the bank of Indus river and cross one of the most beautiful valley of entire Ladakh.
- On arrival check in at hotel. Rest of day free to visit around Leh market.
- Overnight at hotel.
- Travel distance and travel time (265 kms/ 7 hrs) approx.
- Morning after breakfast start riding toward Sarchu.
- Enroute crossing one of most beautiful landscape of Ladakh.
- Evening reach Sarchu and check in at camp.
- Overnight at camp.
- Sarchu/Jispa/ Manali.
- Travel distance and travel time (222 kms/6 hrs) approx.
- Early morning after breakfast start riding back toward Manali. this is last ride of our Leh Ladakh bike trip.
- On arrival Check in at Hotel.
- Depart Manali.
- 11 AM check out from hotel. rest of day you can explore Manali market. evening depart Manali by Volvo/Scania bus to Delhi.
- Overnight at Volvo.
- Morning arrive Delhi.
- Accommodation in double bedded room in hotels/camps/guest house. Check in/ out time is 12 noon
- Breakfast and Dinner till day 10( Starts from Dinner on day 02 on Arriving in Manali till breakfast on day 10
- Enfield motorbike with fuel per rider and as per the above itinerary from day 02 to day 10.
- Fuel for motorbikes as per itinerary.
- Standard size Helmet for rider and pillion ride (Used Helmet not New)
- Tour Leader from day 02 to day 10.
- One Motorbike Mechanic
- Environmental & Permit fee for Pangong and Nubra
- AC Volvo (Semi sleeper) tickets from Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi
- 01 backup jeep to carry luggage and mechanic
- First aid box and oxygen cylinder
- Spares parts change in Bike during tour. –Front tube/ Rear tube/Spark plug/Clutch and Brake Wire/Clutch and Disc brake pads/ Engine oil/Clutch Plate.
- Participation certificate for riding up to highest motorable road of the world Khardugla Pass.
- All taxes/ tolls
- Bone fire (Once during camping. depend on weather condition)
- Life time memories and many good friends
Q.What is the best time to visit Ladakh?
And: The recommended months to travel to Ladakh is between May and Augus,this is also when most of Ladakh would be open, in Fact, May is the month when most tourist activities start. It will be comfortable during the day but even so, night time temperature in Ladakh summers can well go beyond freezing point, however some trekkers also seek Ladakh during the winter season, especially for destinations like the Chadar Trek, this would be time when most roadways would be closed and it would be hard getting any convenience or driving on your own.
Q.How is the weather in Ladakh?
Ans: Ladakh witnesses extremes of climate, during the months between October and March, it can get quite uncomfortable with the cold, with temperatures recorded as low as negative 23 degrees centigrade! The summer months, on the other hand, are very pleasant but cold in night, consequently, you will need to protect yourself at all times.
Q.What type of clothes should I have for the trip to ladakh?
Ans: The kind of clothes you should be carrying depends on the kind of itinerary you plan to follow, being a cold desert, you will certainly experience a lot of temperature fluctuations between nights and days, further, summers tend to be a bit warmer with temperatures ranging between 33 and 40 degree centigrade, however, even in the summers, the night temperature can get to negative figures, ladakh is probably also one of the easiest regions to get sunburn as are the chances of frostbites, the thumb rule about clothing in Ladakh is to pack yourself in layers. Layers of clothing help beat the cold and it is also the best way to adjust to the outside temperature, here are the clothing essentials to Ladakh: Full sleeve t-shirts, A jacket for all seasons, Woolen gloves / snow gloves, Mufflers / woolen socks, Woolen caps for the cold, Sun hats, Sunglasses, Gum boots to cross water channels, Umbrellas and gumboots, Warm sleeping bag, Shoes with good grip.
Q.What are the place your should never miss when in ladakh?
Ans: Zanskar Valley, Pangong Tso Lake, Kargil, Drass Valley, Khardung La Pass, Nubra Valley, Magnetic Hill, Spituk Gompa.
Q. What is public transport in ladakh?
Ans: Public buses will not mostly be able to take you to important stops across Leh, Hence we provide transportation facility, to help you connect with natures true self.
Q. What can I shop for in ladakh?
Ans: While your trip in Ladakh is a memory of a lifetime, it also sounds delightful to be able to bring some kind of souvenir from the country of passes. Well, Ladakh is famous for its Pashmina Shawls, Chokste (Tibetan Tables), Prayer Wheels, Thangka Paintings (silk), Tibetan silver jewelry, Hand woven carpets Dragon motif textiles.
Q.What local cuisine one should not miss when in leh ,ladakh?
Ans: If you are traveling to Ladakh, there are some traditional dishes that you must try out ,they will include: Chhupri (cheese from Yak mill), Butter Tea, Momos, Thukpa (Tibetan Soup), Thenktuk, Tigmo (steamed bread served with stew), Mokthuk, Kulcha, Qahwa, Langar.
Q.Will I find ATMs in leh ? Are debit cards or credit cards easily usable at different places?
Ans: There will be a a few ATM stops on your route to Leh and it is important that you get the cash required for the trip,Important stops for ATMs include Ganderbal, Kargil and Drass. Next to this, you will find an ATM at Keylong and the next one at Leh, finding an ATM after that is hard.
Q. What are the cheapest yet premium tour packages to leh, ladakh?
Ans: The packages we provide are the best, you can ask for nothing better.
Q.Which all network services work suitably in Leh, Ladakh?
Ans: BSNL postpaid will be the best answer to this question, nothing else seems to work better.
Q.Is trekking in leh, ladakh tedious?
Ans: It is one of the most demanding treks of Ladakh, as one will have to do rappelling, river crossing, mountain trekking, and mountain hiking to reach the final destination; Stok Kangri Trekis meant for amateur and experienced trekkers, having one or two trekking experiences above 5000 meters.
- Cancellation charge of Rs 1000 will be levied per person if booking is confirmed.
- Within 29 Days there will be 01 night retention.
- Within 15 Days there will be 50% retention.
- Below 07 days No refund for cancellation or after starting of the tour.
- All the arrangements for the tour are preplanned and prepaid.
- In case of not completion of the tour due to any reason whatsoever there will not be any refund for any services not utilized .
- Any extra expense due any alteration has to be paid extra.
Entrances to place of visit Any other meal than mentioned in itinerary International or domestic air fare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees etc Liability for change in itinerary due to reasons beyond Sperto's control like change in flight and train schedule,cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc Any other item not specifically mentioned above as INCLUDED